plug.org - September Web Site Statistics

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Oct 11 15:06:07 MDT 2006

On Wed, October 11, 2006 15:22, Jason Hall wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 14:44, Hill, Greg wrote:
>> I am one of them.  I've been wanting to set up a desktop Linux box to
>> use via a KVM switch with my Windows box for a while, but money and lack
>> of a KVM that works with Logitech cordless products has prevented me
>> thus far.  Maybe some day.
>
> One word, SYNERGY
>
> Check around, I know you have several people sitting withing spitting distance
> of you using it :)

Synergy can cause some issues with certain games. If you do it I recommend setting
your windows box to be the server and Linux to be the client.

You will also need another monitor attached to the Linux box - it is not a KVM, just
a KM. :) It helps to have a keyboard tucked away attached to the Linux box as well
incase there is a com problem and you need to restart the synergy client.

-Ryan

BTW - Does anyone even care about these statistics? If people like the numbers I
don't mind posting them at all. If everyone is apathetic I'd rather not go to the
trouble.