Linux Development Environment (IDE)

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at
Mon Oct 9 14:13:24 MDT 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Corey Edwards wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 13:22 -0600, Doran L. Barton wrote:
>>> I've used NetBeans for Java dev many years ago. I'm looking for
>>> something for C and C++ code.
>> Google for Eclipse or Kdevelop.
> I whole-heartedly second these recommendations. I personally prefer
> KDevelop, but whatever floats your boat.

I am using Eclipse.  I love it.  It works on Mac (which I am now using),
Linux (which I used to use), and Windows (no comment).

I have also used Quanta.  It is more of a glorified text editor (based on
KATE) than an IDE, but I still enjoyed it.

I have not tried the Kdevelop, but I have heard other peopel mention how
much they enjoy it.