Linux Development Environment (IDE)

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at jkdwebmagic.com
Mon Oct 9 14:13:24 MDT 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Corey Edwards wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 13:22 -0600, Doran L. Barton wrote:
>
>>> I've used NetBeans for Java dev many years ago. I'm looking for
>>> something for C and C++ code.
>>
>> Google for Eclipse or Kdevelop.
>
> I whole-heartedly second these recommendations. I personally prefer
> KDevelop, but whatever floats your boat.

I am using Eclipse.  I love it.  It works on Mac (which I am now using),
Linux (which I used to use), and Windows (no comment).

Eclipse
http://www.eclipse.org/

I have also used Quanta.  It is more of a glorified text editor (based on
KATE) than an IDE, but I still enjoyed it.

Quanta
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/

I have not tried the Kdevelop, but I have heard other peopel mention how
much they enjoy it.

Jonathan