configuring the mouse in Ubuntu

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sun Oct 8 21:20:56 MDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 20:17 -0600, Dave Smith wrote:

> Why is this still happening in Linux? What is so broken about Linux
> technically that a mouse could *not* work? I've been using Linux for
> over 5 years, and I remember this problem happening in RH 6.2 and
> cousins.

I'm really not getting defensive here, *but* I've only had mouse
problems when working on my brothers Windows box an NO problems with
Linux in over 6 years.  So, I don't think his problem is meaningful
commentary on the state of Linux mouse support.

FWIW... I remember being amazed that my first USB mouse "just worked" on
Linux, way before we had 3 or 4 years of "this is the Year of the Linux
Desktop."

--
Gabriel Gunderson
http://gundy.org