configuring the mouse in Ubuntu

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Sun Oct 8 20:17:51 MDT 2006

Russel Caldwell wrote:
> What do I need to do to make my mouse work again in Ubuntu?

Why is this still happening in Linux? What is so broken about Linux
technically that a mouse could *not* work? I've been using Linux for
over 5 years, and I remember this problem happening in RH 6.2 and
cousins. It can't possibly be that mouse compatibility is so difficult
that 5 years of engineering hasn't solved the problem. And this is
Ubuntu, the world-renowned and award-winning Linux distribution for user
friendliness and ease of setup.

I'm not trying to flame anyone (since none of you are at fault for this
problem). I'm just asking an honest question that I think deserves an
answer.

--Dave