[OT] - Backing Up Windows XP to Linux

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Oct 4 18:39:36 MDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 18:01 -0600, Bart Whiteley wrote:
> Man page indicates that rsync uses file size and mod-time by default.
> Force checksums instead with -c.

Interesting.  So, the idea of mounting a SMB share over the VPN and
rsyncing might work well after all?  That's what it sounds like.  By
this time, I would have done the easy thing - dual-booted :)

It's funny when you listen to "Windows folk" talk about all the
applications they would have to leave behind if they went to Linux.  In
my head (as I listen and nod), I think about all the things I would have
to leave behind if I switched to Windows.

Does Linux even have a greeting card wizard?

--
Gabriel Gunderson
http://gundy.org