[OT] - Backing Up Windows XP to Linux

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Wed Oct 4 07:40:38 MDT 2006

On Tue,  3 Oct 2006 at 22:16 -0600, Jake Pollmann wrote:
> On 10/3/06, Hans Fugal <hans at fugal.net> wrote:
> >Get rsync working, I'm betting you can. And/or look at Unison (though I
> >think it uses rsync in the backend).
> <SNIP>
>
> As I understand it, Unison keeps two file systems in sync (with
> multidirection replication).  I dont think it meets the requirement of
> having two weeks of backups as well as rdiff-backup, amanda, or some
> other more traditional backup software.
>
> Please correct me if I misunderstand.

It's overkill, yes. But it can be instructed to sync in one direction
and since rsync isn't working it might be worth a look. Incidentally I
have never been able to bring myself to use Unison - it asks too many
questions that I don't want to answer.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach