BYU-UUG Meeting Thursday

Scott Paul Robertson spr at mahonri5.net
Tue Oct 3 12:57:45 MDT 2006

This Thursday we'll have Tim Riker presenting:

BZFlag - Getting Involved in Open Source

Tim Riker (http://Rikers.org/) will present on BZFlag
(http://BZFlag.org/).
* some project history
* the development communtity
* how Tim came to be the project lead
* future direction
* more indepth look at the network stack
* cheat prevention in an open source game

If there is interest we may diverge into other projects Tim has been
involved in. Embedded Linux systems and the current project at
http://FamilySearch.org/

Where: 340 Crabtree Building (http://map.byu.edu)
When: 7:30pm

---

Also at 7pm we will have a general Linux Q&A session for people needing
help with Linux. Come and ask questions, or come to help people with
their problems.

--
Scott Paul Robertson
http://spr.mahonri5.net