Yet another reason to run Linux

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 11:42:19 MDT 2006

On 10/2/06, Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> Hi-Tech Stalking Devices Extend Abusers' Reach
> Run Date: 10/01/06
> By Marie Tessier
> WeNews correspondent
>
>   (WOMENSENEWS)--As Sherri Peak ran errands in suburban Seattle, she
>   often saw her estranged husband in the rearview mirror of her Toyota
>   Land Cruiser. Robert M. Peak showed up at her Bellevue business, at
>   restaurants, at shops in downtown Seattle, and at the homes of
>   co-workers.

>   When police searched Robert Peak's home, they found Sherri Peak's
>   e-mails, including correspondence with police and her divorce
>   attorney, and the spyware program he had used to obtain them.

>   They found passwords and account numbers he had hacked from her
>   computer.
>
> http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/2905/context/cover/

I would have categorized this message as, "One more reason not to
marry a nut-job."  Clearly this guy is a psycho, but this problem
speaks volumes about the judgment of this woman when it comes to
picking men.  Maybe this is another reason to run Linux after all.  If
you ran Linux, you're more likely to meet and marry a geek and geeks
make great spouses (I'm too lazy to find the link to the slashdot
story on that factoid).

-Bryan