Meeting Tonight: Hacking the Linksys Router

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Thu Nov 30 09:06:46 MST 2006

 Scott Paul Robertson [30/11/06 08:51 -0700]:
> Hey Everybody,
>
> We're having a meeting tonight on hacking the linksys router.  We will
> also cover basic networking in the process. This is a combined meeting
> with ITSA and looks like it'll be pretty fun. I've played around a bit
> with hacked routers, and I have to say it's pretty neat.

I'd love to come to the meeting as I use an RT31P2 at my office. It came
from Vonage. I am sure it's a locked version.

I likely CAN'T make the meeting there tonight, but am curious if you post an
update following it, on highlights, etc? Is the RT31P2 a device which in
fact CAN be hacked, to pop it open, make it accessible to me and not just to
Vonage?

Please advise.

Scott