distributed authority CMS

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Wed Nov 29 16:35:41 MST 2006

Steve wrote:
> Have you looked at Moodle?
>
> On 11/29/06, Daniel <teletautala at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am the webmaster for the Alpine School District.  We are currently
>> working on a CMS that will allow schools to administer their own CMS
>> and yet the database of users, content and components is central and I
>> can administer any part of any CMS.  Is there a CMS solution that will
>> allow for distributed authority (each school can administer their own
>> CMS)?
>>
>> -Daniel

This topic comes up frequently in the Utah PHP Users Group
(http://UPHPU.org).  Some links:

  http://uphpu.org/pipermail/uphpu/2006-October/thread.html (search page
for "best cms")
  http://uphpu.org/pipermail/uphpu/2004-December/002438.html
  http://uphpu.org/pipermail/uphpu/2004-August/thread.html#1875 (search
page for "looking for a cms")

Some good non-uphpu links (but referenced in some of the above threads):

http://www.opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=388&Itemid=160
(CMS ratings)
  http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix

I like PHPwebsite, which is backed by a University, has a high rating,
and isn't so popular that lots of hackers are looking for security problems:

  http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/

BTW, does anyone know why my bottom-posted replies keep getting parsed
by the PLUG engine as a quote (indented)?  Whenever this happens, it
annoyingly puts "reference" in front of the URLs in my signature...

Brandon Stout
http://mscis.org
http://flfn.org