distributed authority CMS

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Wed Nov 29 16:27:08 MST 2006

We had this same issue at Media General.  We ended up going with a
proprietary system.  I'm not sure what the new system they moved to
was, but one other option that they used to use that does this is
Fatwire.  It's expensive, though - may not be a good solution for a
school district, unless they offer a deal to educators.

I think what you're looking for is the ability to administer multiple
websites under one CMS.  I know we were asking for this with Bricolage
at the time as well as Drupal - I don't know if they've implemented
this feature yet or not though.  You could always take the source of
one of these and add the feature in, though.

Jesse