FOSS Web Mail - What do you use?

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Wed Nov 29 11:37:31 MST 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Hill, Greg wrote:

>> Have you tried Zimbra?
>
> Zimbra is generally overkill, unless it's a company or ISP that is
> looking to use it.  For us with only one server to share all tasks,
> Zimbra isn't even an option (it says on their site that it has to have a
> dedicated server).  Plus, the interface is a resource hog on the client
> machines.  Maybe these are things they've since fixed, but they were
> enough to keep me away from it.

I used to use TWIG (http://www.informationgateway.org/) for all my
webmail, but then I found Gmail and now I setup all my domains to forward
my mail to Gmail.  I have not used TWIG in a while, but apparently they
are still developing.  My wife liked SquirrelMail for a while before she
learned about Gmail.  Gmail is not FOSS, but it sure fits the bill.

Jonathan