FOSS Web Mail - What do you use?

Hill, Greg grhill at corp.untd.com
Wed Nov 29 11:36:15 MST 2006

> On 11/29/06, Jesse Stay <jesse at thestays.org> wrote:
> > Have you tried Zimbra?
>
> That said, I use gmail for personal mail - I have no need to protect
> my intellectual property, and don't care what Google controls with
> what I store on there.  It probably *is* better than any FLOSS
> software out there in terms of usability.  I wouldn't run a business
> on it though unless they were to send me an appliance I could install
> at the business.  Too risky.  I would probably use Zimbra for a
> business.

Gmail does offer hosted mail for other domains.  I'm not sure on the
details, but a former coworker of mine used it for his side business and
was happy with it.  I personally can't stand Gmail's interface.  Dunno
what it is, but I just really dislike it.  Yahoo's new one is much
better for my tastes, although I wish they'd take it out of "beta"
already.  Wait, isn't gmail still beta?  That said, I use Thunderbird
for my primary email accounts.

Greg