Provo Internet options

Bart Whiteley bart.plug at whiteley.org
Mon Nov 27 23:19:36 MST 2006

On 11/27/06, Andrew McNabb <amcnabb at mcnabbs.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 06:04:55PM -0700, Sterling Jacobson wrote:
> >
> > If you want options on iProvo, then you all need to fight with us for
> > it.  We would gladly become a provider and are waiting for the city to
> > change their (possibly illegal) ways.
>
> How would you recommend doing that?  I've tried emailing the city/mayor
> before, but I never got any response.  Is there a good way to share your
> opinions with them?

I've spoken to the folks in charge of iProvo many times about this, but I
don't
think they understand the problem.  I get the feeling that they just don't
comprehend the gap between the service offered by Nuvont/Mstar and
that of a proper ISP.

I wish I could have them /join #xmlounge and watch for a while to try to
get a taste, but I'm sure they would say, "what's IRC?".

So, instead we're left with this:  http://nuvont.net/
Click on the "IPROVO" link.  In case they actually fix it before you
read this, that link has been a 404 for a few weeks now.

However, Nuvont doesn't have bandwidth caps, so some might prefer them
even if Xmission were on iProvo.