Provo Internet options

Bart Whiteley bart.plug at whiteley.org
Mon Nov 27 16:45:45 MST 2006

On 11/27/06, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:

> Anyone recently hooked-up Internet service in Provo?  My sister is
> moving there and is asking me what's the best way to go.  I don't live
> there so I don't keep up on the offerings.
>
> As far as I know, you have: Comcast (cable), iProvo (fiber), Qwest (DSL)
> and others (wireless).

I'm on iProvo/Veracity (now "Nuvont" -- Veracity split off their
residential business into a separate company).  I have Internet
and phone through them (no television).  They're definately not
as good as Xmission, but they are getting better.  I've heard that
Mstar's phone system is worse than Nuvont, but I have anectdotal
evidence to suggest that Mstar's Internet service might be better.

Though they are quite lame ISPs compared to Xmission, I'd still
pick Nuvont or Mstar on iProvo over the alternatives in Provo.

Most of the problems I've had are with the phone system.  The
Internet service has been pretty solid.