Provo Internet options

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Mon Nov 27 16:14:15 MST 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 04:06:46PM -0700, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:

> As far as I know, you have: Comcast (cable), iProvo (fiber), Qwest (DSL)
> and others (wireless).
>
> I think she's been burned by Qwest and so she's checking out iProvo and
> Comcast.  Specifically, she's asking about veracity and mstar for
> iProvo.  Sadly, I've only heard bad things about those two.

First, I know several people who have been really happy with wireless.
I don't have personal experience, but I've heard great things.

I'm mad at Provo City for some of their stupid policies with regard to
iProvo.  The city determined that any iProvo ISP must provide Internet,
phone, and cable service.  None of the good ISPs, like XMission, want to
get into that mess, so iProvo is stuck with the terrible companies you
mentioned.

If I were in her situation, I'd probably look at wireless companies.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/