Which scanners work best in Linux?

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Mon Nov 27 12:14:30 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 12:07 -0700, Brandon Stout wrote:
> I know there are HCLs out there, but I'm looking for quick suggestions
> on low-priced Scanners that work with most Linux and Unix
> distributions.  I mostly scan for web viewing so I don't need super-high
> dpi.  I'd like something I can get quickly for a low price at Walmart,
> an Office Store, or similar.
>
> Any recommendations?

I recently acquired an Epson CX7800 all-in-one which works great for
printing and scanning (and copying too, but no drivers required for
that). The printer is a CPU-hog so on my older computer printing is
slow. From my newer laptop it's great. Scanning works up to some
ridiculously high resolutions which I was pleasantly surprised at.

Corey