rPath anyone?

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Nov 22 13:37:04 MST 2006

Anyone using rPath Linux or Conary for anything cool?  I'd really be
interested in hearing about it.  Looks like it's pretty sweet stuff.

I just got done chatting with one of the guys there and he sent me a few
links.  If you haven't yet, check rPath out:

***
For rPath Linux, you can download CD and ISO images from
http://www.rpath.com/rbuilder/project/rpath/release?id=5141

For starting out using a Conary-based system, see
http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/Conary:QuickReference

The templates that show forms of many recipes are at
http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/Conary:Recipe_Templates

Our presentations at http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/Conary:Presentations
include some you might particularly be interested in:
http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/images/4/4c/OhioLinuxFest2006.pdf
is shorter and has somewhat less detail (short presentation) and
http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/images/e/e7/PackagingWithConaryOLS2006.pdf
is longer and has more detail.  It might actually be more
helpful for you because it starts right out with the process
of packaging.  The OhioLinuxFest talk is mostly a subset of
the OLS talk.