Novell responds to Microsoft

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Tue Nov 21 14:01:13 MST 2006

Michael L Torrie wrote:
> Unfortunately the same arguments stand.

Michael,

I'm not sure I follow you here.  I'll use the less contentious word
"case" instead of argument:

You made this case:

  The agreement will not help WINE.  I never said it would help WINE, so
yes, that case still stands.

Sidenote:

  I believe WINE developers can actually take advantage of the
agreement, but that never was my case.  I don't plan to make a case for
it either - I just believe it.

I made this case:

  I made the case that the agreement will help make Windows games and
potentially other software more available to Linux users.  You never
made a counterpoint to this claim - other than for one particular
product called WINE, and its current GPL license - which can change. My
point also still stands.

Brandon Stout
http://mscis.org
http://flfn.org