Flash -vs- Applets

Joe Crown joecr at linuxmail.org
Wed Nov 15 16:06:12 MST 2006

Hill, Greg wrote:
> I still hate both of them (Flash and Java applets).  Ajax is fine if
> it's used properly (as in, it only affects small sections of the page,
> not the entire page).  It's overused in many cases, though.  Flash is
> fine for animation (a la Homestarrunner.com), you know, the thing for
> which it was designed.  Anything beyond that is annoying.  I'm not sure
> why Java's open-sourcedness would make applets any less annoying.
> Greg

The only real problem I have with www.homestarrunner.com is they use
flash for the navigation.

American Family Association & 30+ Other Groups Call for Boycott of Ford
Motor Company

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is highlighting three sets of bad
laws going through Congress right now.

Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec