Flash -vs- Applets

Paul Seamons paul at seamons.com
Wed Nov 15 14:30:41 MST 2006

> > for the creation of a set of foundation classes that more easily mimic in
> > Java what is available in Flash.  Oh - and they'll have to make Java
> > Applet builder tools that are as easy to use as the Macromedia Products.
> > Simple enough.  Maybe we'll have all of that by Christmas :)  Of 2010 :(
> > Or 2011.
>
> Or maybe we have it today:
> http://www.netbeans.org/kb/41/flash-matisse.html

Nice Demo.  That is certainly a nice GUI builder which I assumed Java had.  I
was referring (can't you read my mind) more to the animation and timeline
capabilities of Flash.  Few Flash applications use a standard GUI.

So maybe we'll have the rest of the Flash functionality available for Applets
by Christmas (like I said) of 2007.

Paul