Official announcement of Java and the GPL

Ross Werner rosswerner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 20:31:20 MST 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:18:47 -0800, Bryan Sant <bryan.sant at gmail.com>
wrote:
> :-( good point.  Using annonymous inner-classes works just like a
> delegate, but it's more crufty code, and would throw people off when
> porting their code from C# to Java.  I believe that delegates and
> closures are being added to Java 7.  Maybe this project would have to
> be developed in concert with that release of Java.

I get the general idea of delegates, but not the specifics. Would somebody
mind showing some identical-ish C# and Java code, one using delegates and
the other using anonymous inner classes?

Also, while we're on the topic of C# and Java, what makes C# generics
"real generics", and Java's generics not really real? Is it because Java's
generics are backwards-compatible with non-genericized code, and therefore
non-generic-compliant code only generates warnings rather than compile
errors?

	~ Ross