HOWTO flash DVD drive firmware

Joe Crown joecr at
Sat Nov 11 18:46:15 MST 2006

The answer is it depends on what DVD drive you have.  I've seen firmware
where you had to boot to DOS & others that could be installed in
Windows.  I haven't ever tried in Linux though.  Once again without
knowing what specific model of DVD drive you have I can't really help you.

Justin Findlay wrote:
> How can I update the firmware on my DVD drive without having to succumb
> to DOS and a floppy disk?  I'm willing to use freedos if I have to but
> I'd rather not have to reboot.
> Justin

American Family Association & 30+ Other Groups Call for Boycott of Ford
Motor Company

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is highlighting three sets of bad
laws going through Congress right now.

Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec