OT: sendmail responses

bibhor dhungel bibhor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 00:17:21 MST 2006

Hi,
At our company we send out automatic emails to customers with various
out email using sendmail. Of the sent emails sent 80% seem to reach the
customer correctly. But there are 20% which the server tries to send but
eventually is returned to the admin account after some number of
unsuccessful attempts.
Is there a method of capturing and handling these emails from the log files.
The attempts to send them must be logged in the sendmail log and I want to
automate the process of looking up the log files and displaying the
pertinent information (such as the message that was tried to sent, email
address of customer) to an end user.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Bibhor