OT - Re: GPL Java

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Thu Nov 9 17:07:30 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 14:17 -0700, Bryan Sant wrote:

> Java's dominance isn't my opinion, it just is.

My point stands.  Don't think Java's place is secure just because it's
dominant in the market.  I am just remembering Netscape.

Anyway, we've been through this ad nauseum.  I just find it humorous.  I
really like C, C++, Python, and even structured BASIC, but I'm not going
to defend them as the best thing since sliced bread.

As for myself, I've always disliked Java.  Hated it really.  Then
someone showed me a web page that helped me realize why:

http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2006/03/execution-in-kingdom-of-nouns.html

This is meant to be funny, but it does illustrate why dealing with Java
code often leaves me feeling nauseated.

Michael