Postgres vs. MSSQL

Roberto Mello rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Wed Nov 8 12:55:48 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 12:48:21PM -0700, Daniel C. wrote:

> I just meant that MySQL has less stuff to learn than Postgres.

Like what?

I agree with Jonathan. PostgreSQL is easier to setup and maintain, just as
easy to use, and very well supported, although not as many off-the-street
hosting options.

Biggest advantage of starting with PostgreSQL is what Jonathan said: you
won't be learning all sorts of bad things that MySQL throws upon you, that
you'll have to unlearn later.

And PostgreSQL will grow with you as your needs do.

-Roberto

--
*8 *8 *8                 <- Tribbles and mamas out for a stroll.