Postgres vs. MSSQL

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Wed Nov 8 11:43:28 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 10:59:49AM -0700, Daniel C. wrote:

> PHP can, Django doesn't have it (except foreign key constraints)
> natively.  But since we'll be running reports and things from outside
> of Django, those things do come into play.

I have almost no experience with the advanced database features listed
earlier.  Does SQLAlchemy support any of these (now that Django is
incorporating SQLAlchemy)?  More generally speaking, to what degree can
database-abstracting libraries make use of these features without
forcing you to include SQL directly (I like SQL, but I don't think it
looks nice sitting in the middle of an application).

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/