Lisp

Sasha Pachev sasha at asksasha.com
Tue Nov 7 20:19:54 MST 2006

 >Indeed it is fun to make fun of, if you're not serious.  I am of the
 >opinion that the only people who seriously make fun of Lisp are those
 >who are not smart enough to "get" it.

I confess - I am not smart enough to get it. I think a functional language is
somewhat similar to a GUI interface - something that goes against the sequential
nature of the current CPU architecture that were are still stuck with. Yes, we
pipeline and multi-process, but we are still sequential. The difference between
the two is that GUI is fit to be used by general public, while a functional
language only by a fairly small community of programmers that naturally think
that way.

--
Sasha Pachev
AskSasha Linux Consulting