OOPs I need a book

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Tue Nov 7 17:06:09 MST 2006

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Levi Pearson wrote:

> Anyway, it's not just from the Lisp community.  It's more generally from the
> functional programming community, and even from people in the Perl community
> like Mark Jason Dominus (who probably truly belongs in all three
> communities).  But there's still value in learning about patterns, because
> they are often elegant solutions to difficult design problems.
> Also, here's another candidate book on OO design: Grady Booch,
> "Object-Oriented Design"
> It was recommended by Bjarne Stroustrup in an interview I was just reading,
> and Booch has been a huge name in the OO design community for a long time, so
> I imagine it's good.

Is this the one?  There did not seem to be one just called
"Object-Oriented Design":

Object oriented design with applications (Benjamin/Cummings series in Ada
and software engineering)  by Grady Booch (Hardcover - Sep 1990)

Also, which "Functional Programming" book were you thinking of when you
recommend it as a follow-up to my current studies?