plug.org - October Statistics

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Tue Nov 7 08:25:31 MST 2006

Here are some statistics and notes regarding http://www.plug.org

Items of note:
The highest days of traffic were 10/11 (294) and 10/24 (343). Our traffic is down
over September (as was expected). Even though traffic is down it is still three
times higher than the previous plug.org design.

Please:
Visitors to our site are spending the majority of their time in our member profiles
section. I've noticed a lot of our profiles don't have a biography filled out. I'd
encourage you all to add one. It adds a lot of flavor to the group and helps the
members get to know you better. Most visitors are not clicking to individual
profiles, I am guessing that is because they don't look that interesting without a
good bio. Help the group, help the community, write a good bio. If you don't have an
account, please sign up and spend a few minutes adding to the site. There is
strength in numbers. The stronger we look the better for us all.

Pretty please with sugar on top:
The biggest driver (outside of location) to the site is our Linux companies list.
This list isn't growing as well as I hoped. Does anyone have any ideas how we can
boost the number of companies listed? I know there are dozens and dozens of
companies in our state using Linux. Such a list helps us capture people interested
in Linux locally. It also helps recruiting and strengthening Linux as a career path.
Once we reach a certain number (30? 50?) it becomes a lot easier to approach
companies and show them what they are missing.

The stats:

962 - Visits
2,887 - Page Views

25.36% - Percent of returning visitors.
62.31% - Front page bounce rate.

65% - Goal Funnel Completion Percent (went through entire sign up).
58 - Total number of active users (have logged in at least once).
14 - Total number of local companies listed.

Most popular keyword conversion visits (search engine hits):
46 - "plug"
43 - "provo linux"
35 - "utah linux companies"

Top Content Page Views:
633 - Front Page
103 - Member Profiles
83 - Local companies

Top web browsers by visit (not page view):
463 - Firefox
319 - Internet Explorer
105 - Opera

66.63% of visitors were using Windows.
26.40% of visitors were using Linux.
6.24% of visitors were using Macintosh
7.90% of visitors did not have any version of flash installed.