Mozy Contest Impressions (was: Re: Mozy Contest Answers)

Zach Wily zach at zwily.com
Mon Nov 6 11:10:25 MST 2006

Looking back, I doubt that allowing people to use whatever libraries
they wanted would have actually given anyone an unfair advantage. I'm
sure that next time we do this, we'll revisit that requirement.

That said, there were 3 coders in the finals that did all the early
round problems in C++, so we know the problems weren't completely
unreasonable, even for compiled-lang folk. In fact, of the 8
finalists, only 2 used scripting languages, and neither was perl :).
The rest were split pretty evenly between C++ and Java.

And from what I've heard, you're far from a "poor coder". :)

zach
(programmer at bds)