Bad hard drive. Lost data?

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat Nov 4 14:24:57 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 13:58 -0700, Chris Carey wrote:
> I happen to have 2 x 40gig IBM drives that are no longer functioning
> and for some reason are sitting on my desk. one from Sep 2001 and one
> from Oct 2002. I probably have at least 2 others in storage.

If we find a fresh board and it brings this guy's drive back to life,
then you can use it when we're done.

On Monday, I'm going to get my hands on the dead drive.  When I do, I'll
post pics with exact model numbers.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gabe

P.S. & O.T. I've had someone contact me off list about some drives.
That person should know that I *never* "respond" to them because their
mail server doesn't like that my IP address is "residential."  They
should also know that I'm grateful that they are looking into it.
Thanks to the list for getting this message to them.