Cheap Linux web hosting

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Fri Nov 3 22:51:25 MST 2006

On Fri, November 3, 2006 22:17, Ross Werner wrote:
> I'm looking for some cheap web hosting, and wondering what you guys
> recommend. I have a cheap 1and1 account, but I want something in between
> that and a linode--basically something I can shell into and run programs
> and have a crontab and the like, but I don't necessarily need root or my
> own customizable OS like a linode (although it's tempting). Are there any
> good (or cheap) hosts in this category?

Have you tried looking at WestHost? They are a Utah company:

http://www.westhost.com

It is cheap, you get your own crontab, shell access, and you can compile/run your
own stuff. You further get your own instance of Apache, MySQL, sendmail, etc. You do
not get root access, so that should fit all your requirments.

-Ryan