ActivePerl?

Joseph Hall joseph at thatworks.com
Fri Nov 3 13:58:48 MST 2006

I have come across other Perl distros for Windows, with varying
degrees of support and stability. I even came across a distribution
packaged with Apache the only version of mod_perl that I've ever seen
actually work in Windows. It was stable, but the configuration was
finicky. But the ActivePerl distro is just about as good as you can
get in Windows, without formatting and installing a real OS.

On 11/3/06, Hill, Greg <grhill at corp.untd.com> wrote:
> > I just had a quick question since there seems to be so many perl folks
> > on the list.
> > I just found a product called "Active Perl" and was wondering if
> > anyone had any experience with it and if it was any good.
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> It's Active State's Perl distribution.  Yes, it's just as good as the
> original (as far as I know).  I believe it's the only Perl distro
> available for Windows, as well.
>
> They used to also make PerlEx which is mod_perl for IIS.  Seemed to work
> great, but they abandoned it because there wasn't enough market for Perl
> on IIS, oddly enough :)
>
> Greg

Joseph
http://blog.josephhall.com/