Microsoft, Novell reported in Linux accord

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 11:14:43 MST 2006

On 11/3/06, Michael L Torrie <torriem at chem.byu.edu> wrote:
> So I am very fearful of this outcome.  I think Novell is going to pay a
> heavy price for this.  No one gets into bed with Microsoft without being
> killed in a jealous rage by Microsoft later, or bought out completely by
> them.

>From the article:

"
On Thursday night, I asked  Jeff Jaffe, Novell's chief technology
officer, if he could think of a company that had partnered with
Microsoft and done really well as a result. Which Microsoft alliance,
I asked him, would he cite as the model that he'd like to emulate?His
response: "I think this partnership is breaking new ground."

Um, right. Unfortunately, the new ground they're breaking is probably
Novell's gravesite.
"
http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/03/linux-microsoft-novell-tech-cz_dl_1103linux.html?partner=yahootix