How to Organize Photo Collection with FOSS

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 22:04:07 MST 2006

> Thats the great thing about plug.  My point was, we are a linux users
> group and should not be suggesting applications that are not FOSS.  I
> just find it funny that a good portion of linux community
> (generalization, wave hands, wave hands again) have decided that using
> OS-X is a suitable alternative.
That is something that bothers me as well.  "Darwin is OSS so it must be
ok" doesn't change the fact that everything on top is just as tight at..
well, anything.  I would much rather have OSX over XP/Vista, but that
doesn't change the fact that they're doing the same things.

> Maybe I have stars in my eyes and sing nightly with RMS.... or maybe I
> should step off of my high horse and realize most linux applications
> suck.
I think they call people like you and I "zealots".  Those that sing
praises with RMS and only adhere to open options.  That's ok with me..
I'm completely productive with my 100% Linux (Ubuntu) network at the
home and for use in the office.

--

Christer Edwards
Founder, Ubuntu-Utah