Microsoft, Novell reported in Linux accord

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 21:21:18 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 20:58 -0700, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 20:11 -0700, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> > I haven't read it all yet.  I don't yet know what to think.
>
> The more I read about the "patent agreements" and "IP issues", the more
> this starts smelling fishy.  It looks like it sets up Novell as the only
> Linux distributor that will be protected from an "open season" on Open
> Source.  Shame.
Sounds fishy to me too.  The more I read (thank you for the links btw)
it sounds like Microsoft extending its reach, which will only benefit
them.  I will wager that, in the not-to-distant-future, Novell is be
stabbed in the back in the same fashion Microsoft has done to everyone
else they've worked with.

It's too bad.  I see no upside to this for any of us.. and just when
SLED was starting to impress me they've started sleeping with the enemy.

--

Christer Edwards
Founder, Ubuntu-Utah
christer.edwards at ubuntu.com