How to Organize Photo Collection with FOSS

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 15:24:28 MST 2006

On 11/2/06, Grant Robinson <santiago at mr-r.net> wrote:

> In any case, FOSS runs on other platforms besides linux, which was
> also part of your sarcastic comment.

agreed.

> Lastly, handing out alternative solutions is widely done on plug.
> Witness the many threads of "How do I do x with Fedora Core" and
> people respond with "Use debian" or "Use gentoo". :)

Thats the great thing about plug.  My point was, we are a linux users
group and should not be suggesting applications that are not FOSS.  I
just find it funny that a good portion of linux community
(generalization, wave hands, wave hands again) have decided that using
OS-X is a suitable alternative.

Maybe I have stars in my eyes and sing nightly with RMS.... or maybe I
should step off of my high horse and realize most linux applications
suck.