How to Organize Photo Collection with FOSS

Grant Robinson santiago at mr-r.net
Thu Nov 2 15:15:33 MST 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 3:05 PM, Grant Shipley wrote:

> On 11/2/06, Grant Robinson <santiago at mr-r.net> wrote:
>
>> Settle down, pal.  The original poster never specified that it had to
>> be open-source, nor that it had to run on Linux.  One might assume
>> that, based on the list being posted to, but it was never made
>> clear.
>
> Or --- one could assume it from the subject of the thread:
>
> "How to Organize Photo Collection with FOSS".
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOSS

Ah, perhaps I should expand the width of the subject field in my mail
viewer.  :)  I usually just glance at the subject, and the body of
the email said nothing about FOSS software.  From the contents of the
body, iPhoto would fit most of the bill (although you would probably
need to use it in conjunction with iWeb to really get the "blog/
gallery jammed together" part).

In any case, FOSS runs on other platforms besides linux, which was
also part of your sarcastic comment.

Lastly, handing out alternative solutions is widely done on plug.
Witness the many threads of "How do I do x with Fedora Core" and
people respond with "Use debian" or "Use gentoo". :)

Grant