How to Organize Photo Collection with FOSS

Grant Robinson santiago at mr-r.net
Thu Nov 2 15:05:58 MST 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 2:44 PM, Grant Shipley wrote:

> On 11/2/06, Hill, Greg <grhill at corp.untd.com> wrote:
>> location (at least it used to, it may not any more).  Once you
>> import,
>> you can no longer directly access your files in the filesystem
>> (they're
>> all 0 bytes).  Of course, she may have done something to cause
>> this, but
>> all she knows she did was upgrade it.
>
> If only you could look at the source to find out.

I always find this to be a funny statement.  Looking at the source
code would take WAY more time then just looking at the filesystem.
Unless you are a contributing member of the project, looking at the
source code of just about anything can be an excercise in
frustration.  Don't believe me?  Then go find the place in KHTML
where popup windows are created by the javascript interpreter.  In
this case, original photos are stored at:

~/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals

Inside of that folder, they are arranged by year, and then by roll.

I think the real question is, why so much animosity?

Seriously, pal, did Steve Jobs run off with your girlfriend or
something? :)

--
The "real" Grant