$10K coding deathmatch

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Thu Nov 2 14:32:26 MST 2006

Thus said "Josh Coates" on Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:20:45 MST:

> We are  looking for  sequences of  n > 0  integers where  the absolute
> values of the  differences of successive elements are  included in the
> set of numbers 1 through n - 1. For instance,

Shouldn't this be more like:

... where the absolute values  of the differences of successive elements
are included in the set of the  absolute values of the numbers 1 through
through n - 1?

Otherwise sequences that have negative  numbers in them will never match
unless there is  only one negative number  and it is the  last number in
the sequence.

Or  is the  problem to  find the  longest sequence  of n  > 0  where the
absolute values of  the differences of successive  elements are included
in the set of  number 1 through n - 1; which also  would suffer from the
same negativity issue?

Please clarify if I've missed something.

Andy
  2:31pm  up 4 days,  4:17,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00