Microsoft, Novell reported in Linux accord

Jared Bellows plug at thebellows.info
Thu Nov 2 14:23:21 MST 2006

On 11/2/06, Christer Edwards <christer.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 15:53 -0500, Grant Shipley wrote:
> > SEATTLE (Reuters) -- Microsoft Corp. is entering into an agreement
> > with Novell Inc. that will allow open-source Linux software to work
> > with the company's Windows software, The Wall Street Journal reported
> > on Thursday.
> Why does this suddenly make me very cautious about Novell products..
>
> I'm sorry, just from experience & history I've grown to mistrust
> Microsoft and ANYONE that teams up with them.

I think this is more of Microsoft opening up and realizing the benefits this
can have for them. I like to compare this to the RIAA and MPAA. As the
technology evolves the **AA fights it instead of finding how to make it work
in their favor. Microsoft, as much as you might hate them, are far more
inteligent than the **AA. I think they are realizing that Linux is not
something that will be disappearing as they may have hoped a couple years
ago, and are now trying to figure out how to make this work for them.