How to Organize Photo Collection with FOSS

Hill, Greg grhill at
Thu Nov 2 13:50:57 MST 2006

> iPhoto is amazing.  You can tag each picture and make albums on the
> and instant slideshows.  I love it.  I think you can even post to a
> blog with it, but I have not tried it yet.  I am still using Gallery2
> online photo sharing.

My wife shared your love of iPhoto until it deleted all of her photos
when she upgraded to a newer version.  Yeah, she was a bit miffed about
that.  She lost several hundred photos that hadn't been backed up.  She
uses Adobe Bridge mostly now.

Do I have a point?  Not really.  I guess just be careful with any of
those programs that claim control over your existing files like iPhoto