$10K coding deathmatch

Stephen Weeks tene at iodynamics.com
Wed Nov 1 13:07:16 MST 2006

Josh Coates wrote:

>The following languages are permitted:
>    * Perl
>
>only 'standard' libraries will be permitted to be used.

Are you going to provide a list of perl modules that you consider
"standard"?  As I recall, different distributions of perl have different
sets of modules included by default, although I could easily be
misinformed.  Even disregarding that issue, I doubt many perl
programmers keep a list of which modules were shipped with the base perl
install and only have those installed on their systems.  "All of CPAN"
is my set of "standard libraries".
    --Stephen Weeks