$10K coding deathmatch

Dan Stovall dbstovall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 12:11:28 MST 2006

Josh,

Did I see a billboard advertisement for this on I-15 at point of the
mountain, or were my eyes deceiving me?  I noticed it because my
bro-in-law is a headhunter in Salt Lake and says that no software firm
that contracts with him is looking for people that know python, perl,
ruby, or anything except .NET, C#, and Java.  I told him that all of
his clients are morons if they wouldn't be interested in a software
engineer that was skilled in several different languages, not just
those 3.  I told him it sounded to me like they were all looking for
unskilled code-monkeys.

We have this arguement a lot.

Dan