Remotely accessible subversion help

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 19:44:13 MST 2006

Hello everyone, I managed to easily and quickly setup an apache based
subversion repository on my server for basically general purpose
consumption.
However one of my users offered a fairly substantial sum if I could
give him a private subversion repository.

So being the kind person I am, I went ahead and set it up for him.
The repository seems to be working just fine locally, but as soon as I
try to access it remotely I get...
svn: No repository found in 'svn://dishmal@69.60.117.0/dishmal/.svn'

Usersname is dishmal in this instance, and I followed down to the
letter these instructions to set it up...
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Subversion

Still it does not seem to work

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what might be going wrong here?
I do have svnserve running just fine

I have tried several variations on the URL above including
/home/dishmal/.svn and /~dishmal/.svn

I have even tried to access it via HTTP all to no avail.

Thoughts?