Web Hosting on a "Virtual Dedicated Server"

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Fri Mar 31 12:20:58 MST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:27:05 -0700, "Michael L Torrie"
<torriem at chem.byu.edu> said:
> Do note that these VPS are specifically sold as unsupported, unmanaged
> accounts.  If you are thinking about running a business, you probably
> should look at the more managed options, like tectonic's virtuoso-based
> VPSs.  They offer a much higher level of support and incident
> management.

I worked for a business who hosted with tectonic.  Tectonic had so much
unscheduled downtime that we switched to a serverpronto dedicated
machine that had much more resources at the same price, figuring, hey,
availability can't be worse.  And it was actually a lot better.

-J