Web Hosting on a "Virtual Dedicated Server"

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Mar 31 12:15:38 MST 2006

Bryan Sant wrote:
> Just "web space" or shell access too?  Technically I don't need shell
> access, but I need a 1.5 JVM + Tomcat 5.5x + MySQL + a way to view log
> files.
>
> I'd rather do one of these options.  I want to support local
> business...  And it's nice to have someone's throat close when you
> need to wrap your fingers around it ;-).

I've been using westhost.com and I can't say enough good things about
them.  I get a chroot / ssh account, I can compile my own software on
their servers, I can run long-running processes, and I've seen no
hiccups at all in the 6 months I've been using them.  They're even
located in northern Utah.

The only possible downside is you have to pay for two years upfront to
get the excellent rates they advertise.  However, they have a 30 day
money back guarantee, and they seem trustworthy.

Shane