Ultimate PVR?

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Fri Mar 31 07:04:25 MST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 06:11:31AM +0000, Jason Holt wrote:
> on the very latest in end-user license agreements

It turns out you can't get away from that either. I was astounded to
read this notice at the beginning of a show broadcast on the History
Channel (Celebrating the Green, 3/16 @ 5:00am Central):

``Today's History Channel Classroom may be taped solely for
instructional use and may be retained until March 31,
2008. Thereafter, you must erase or destroy the recording. No other
use is authorized by The History Channel.''

Looks like someone needs a little lesson in Fair Use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Corp._v._Universal_City_Studios

Mike
I didn't say it was your fault. I only said I was going to blame
you.