Ultimate PVR?

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Thu Mar 30 19:11:59 MST 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 09:29:13PM -0700, Kenneth Burgener wrote:
> I did notice a lot of comments about Hauppauge's WinTV PVRs.

I built a MythTV box w/ a Hauppauge 250 just recently. Suffice it to
say that it can be a significant amount of work to get everything up
and running exactly the way you want it, and then it will likely be
less reliable, more fragile, louder, and more expensive than a
stand-alone PVR device. I only did my custom job for the uber-1337
factor (and because I wanted a terabyte RAID-5 to store my media
:-). And because I wanted a 100% Free Software solution that I could
manipulate in any way I see fit. I have two frontends set up, which is
a nice feature of MythTV.

Mike
I didn't say it was your fault. I only said I was going to blame
you.